October 16, 2011

The Power of Cinnamon

The medication I have to take for PCOS can increase my blood sugar levels. I have to get my blood sugar levels checked every so often because it can lead to diabetes. I've been on this medication for over 3 years and so far my blood sugar levels have been normal. This is good news, but at the same time I am always careful of the amount of sugar I eat and look for ways to combat this issue so that it doesn't become a problem. I would like to not cure one disease by contracting another.

Turns out that cinnamon has a lot of health benefits. It helps to increase metabolism and lower and stabilize blood sugar levels, and helps to reduce triglycerides or LDL -- the bad cholesterol. How can you add cinnamon into your diet? It's very easy. Sprinkle some in your coffee, tea, protein shake, smoothies or yogurt. It adds a great taste. This past week I've been sprinkling it in my coffee. It's tastes great but doesn't always dissolve completely and I had a few chunks of it floating around. I don't like things floating around in my drinks so I'm going to start adding some into the coffee grounds before I brew the coffee. Hey, I'll take any help I can get.

Resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment