October 16, 2011

Week Six

Let's get right to it.

Week One: 225.0
Week Two: 222.0
Week Three: 220.4
Week Four: 219.8
Week Five: 218.0
Week Six: 218.6

I gained .6 this week. I have mixed emotions about it. First, my thyroid is out of whack again and my medication had to be changed. Anytime there's a change in thyroid medication it reeks havoc on a person's body until it has regulated itself. I may even see a gain next week until my thyroid levels stabilize again. Second, as my WL buddies helped me to see, this is about a lifestyle change. Of course, it stinks to gain but I have to keep focused on the long run. My focus is on better health and getting these health issues resolved, not on the number on the scale. The number on the scale is one tangible way to measure the steps in this journey but it's not the only way to measure.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. 

5 comments:

  1. You can do it, Nikki! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained exactly .6 this week too. We can turn this thing around. You've got the right attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I think .6 is better than a pound or more. Right? Considering your health issue and all. It is a lifestyle change and we are behind you 100% :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are moving right along! Kicking ass and taking names :) I love reading your blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete