October 16, 2011

Preparing for NaNo

15 days until NaNo starts and I am getting so excited. Yesterday I spent a lot of time on the forums and reading up on tips from writers who have won in the past. To win you just have to have your finished book and all 50,000 words submitted before midnight on November 30th. November is for writing. December is for editing.

I'm looking forward to reaching out and attending some write-ins in the area. A write-in is when a group of people meet up at a coffee shop or cafe and write together for a few hours.

I have 3 ideas for a novel that are swimming around in my head. I have 15 days to narrow it down. I started my character list and possible traits to go along with each idea. It's exciting to see how it's starting to come together and I'm even starting to grow an attachment to some of them.

I've also planned a writing schedule. I'm really looking forward to it and am thinking about starting it but work on smaller pieces until November.

It's going to be a long 15 days. I'm ready to start writing NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment