September 12, 2011

How it all began...

I can't remember the last time I felt healthy. I've always had  something medical going wrong. Headaches, stomachaches, neck pain, weight gain, the list goes on.

In 2008, I was diagnosed with PCOS.
In 2009, I was diagnosed with food and environmental allergies.

Between those 2 issues, I was on meds, changing my diet and meeting with a personal trainer 2 times a week in addition for working out 5 times a week. My weight kept going up and up.

In 2010, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism which basically means my thyroid isn't working enough. Even after on meds I was still gaining a lot of weight. Meanwhile I was getting married and gained so much weight that I had to buy a new wedding dress. Talk about wedding drama. It took about a year until I found the right levels of meds and for my weight to remain the same.

That brings us to today. My weight has stabilized and even though I don't feel healthy (dizziness, headaches, insomnia, stomachaches) I am more than ready mentally to lose the extra weight. I don't know if it will work. My body is working against me. I don't know if cutting calories and exercising will be enough to lose. It's totally possible that I will gain .

I don't talk about all of this with most people but I'm letting it all out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment