March 10, 2012

The '90's called

Yesterday I got a text from my BFF of 19 years (19 years!!). She had heard "Semi-Charmed Life" on the radio and texted me so I could travel down memory lane with her. Just like many teenagers, music shaped my middle and high school years. Every song has a memory - whether we made fun of it, rocked out to it, or put them in our home made movies*.

So, in honor of our almost 20 year relationship I've decided to make a list of all the songs that I jam to and take me back to her and I sitting on my bedroom floor, making collages and eating M&M's and Doritoes. Oh, and if you aren't me or her ignore the comments in the parens.

"Been Caught Stealing" Jane's Addiction
"Good" Better Than Ezra (Better Than Erza)
"In the Meantime" Spacehog
"Pepper" Butthole Surfer (You're still up?)
Anything by the Beastie Boys
"Santa Monica" Everclear
"The World I Know" Collective Soul (Ed Roland is your dad)
Anything by Rancid
"Machinehead" Bush (We were thisclose to going to their concert)
"Self Esteem" The Offspring (la la  lalala la la  lalala)
"Lump" Presidents of the United States of America (PUSA)
Anything by Weezer
"Zombie" The Cranberries
"1979" Smashing Pumpkins (tuna fish)
"Spoon Man" Soundgarden
"I Alone" Live (They were from York. Rebel against having to like them!)
"Song 2" Blur (Wooo Hoooo!)
"Santeria" Sublime (I don't practice Santiago)
Anything by Nine Inch Nails
"No Rain" Blind Melon
"Mother Mother" Tracy Bonham
"Torn" Natalie Imbruglia (I luv 2 JP)
"Ball and Chain" Social Distortion
"3 am" Matchbox 20 (It's 3am I must be cute, yeah)
Anything by Green Day

I'm sure there are a million more songs to add to this list but this a good start.**

Rock on!



*Yes, you heard me right. Wouldn't you like to see them? Well, they're on VHS tapes. Anyone have a VCR?

**Now, who wants to make a mix-tape?

1 comment:

  1. I have a VCR!!! Come visit me and bring those tapes!

    ReplyDelete