November 6, 2011

Sundays in the Kitchen - Taco Shells

I forgot to take photos of most of this but it's really easy.

Brown 1 pound of ground beef (or I use ground turkey). While that is browning, cook large shell pasta in boiling water. Cook until pasta is soft. Drain and rinse. Back to the meat: Drain the fat. Add in 3/4 cup of water, one packet of taco seasoning and some diced onion. I just added enough onion to our liking. You can add as much or as little as you like. Mix it altogether thoroughly and bring to a boil. Stir and simmer.

Allow pasta to cool enough so you can touch it. Open the shells and put 1 1/2 to 2 spoonfuls of taco meat into each shell. Place in a baking sheet. Once all the shells are filled, sprinkle shredded cheese over all the shells.

Now this I have a picture of.
Half of them are covered with cheese, half are uncovered. I put cheese on all of them but it was at this point that I realized I wasn't taking any photos.

Put in oven at 350* for 5-7 minutes - just until the cheese is melted.

Finished product! I added some sour cream to mine and YUM!

2 comments:

  1. These look sooo good! I will definitely have to try these... Maybe tonight... :)

    ReplyDelete