October 11, 2012

Getting ready for NaNo

November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I participated last year (and won!) and I plan on doing it again this year.

I have 2 ideas for a book marinating in my mind right now. One of them I've mapped out. I will map the other one this weekend. I need just a little more time to think it over.

The goal for NaNo is to write 50.000 words in the 30 days of November. That comes out to 1,667 words each day. This year I've set a personal goal to finish by the day before Thanksgiving so I can relax and enjoy the holiday. Also, this year I will have family in town for four days. During those 4 days I probably won't get any writing in so I'm going to plan for those days to be out.

With those 4 days out plus Thanksgiving being early this year, this means I will have 17 days to write my book. 2,942 words for 17 days. Almost 3,000 for every day that I write. That's a lofty goal for me, but one that I will set nonetheless.

(NaBloWriMo Day 11)

3 comments:

  1. I've signed up for NaNoWriMo too. I've done it and won it three years running now and I really hope I can keep that streak alive.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say that I was getting ready for NaNo. I had this great idea this summer and should have just done Camp NaNo when the idea was fresh, but I didn't and now I don't know if I can get back into it. It sounds like you have a pretty good plan, though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete